St. Lawrence Preschool Program
St. Lawrence Preschool is designed to meet the developmental needs of children three to five years of age. It provides experiences that enrich and enhance each child’s cognitive, language, social, emotional, physical and creative development. Within the daily schedule, each child has opportunities to create, explore the environment, learn problem solving and personal interaction skills, and learn concepts through first-hand experiences. Children develop a positive self-concept through a balance of self-directed and teacher directed activities.
- We believe that we are called upon to carry out the message of Jesus Christ and His teachings.
- We believe that each child is special in the eyes of God.
- We believe a student’s spiritual growth and personal development are equally as important as their academic goals.
- We believe every child is capable of learning.
- We believe parents are the primary educators with our school community serving as co-educators, assistants, and supporters.
- We believe students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning styles.
- We believe in mutual respect among the school faculty, staff, parents, and students that provides a safe, productive learning
St. Lawrence Preschool is licensed by the Ohio Department of Education. We have earned 5 stars in the Step Up To Quality rating system, the highest rating.
Our license is posted in the hallway near the preschool rooms. The laws and regulations governing preschools are available for review in the school office. Parents may request copies of inspection and compliance reports through the school office. There is a toll free number listed on our license that may be used to report suspected or observed violations of preschool.